17 October 2013

the one... with the kitchen 99% finished


I can't tell you how excited as I head towards the finish line with the new kitchen.

Yes I can, I'M EXCITED! 

I'm not quite ready for the big reveal - soon, I promise - but I can tell you the tiling is now fully complete.  There was a couple of fiddly tiles that needed to be cut to size and for that job I borrowed an electric grinder to get that really close cut.  I also had to drill new screw holes for 2 of the 3 powerpoints because the electrician had installed them crooked.  This wasn't noticable before the tiles but after it was in your face crooked.  I took my time with this job considering I was drilling right next to electricity.


As you can see from the photo above the grouting is underway.  A relatively easy job made harder in the Queensland heat.  I learnt the hard way that you shouldn't grout in 30deg heat because the grout will dry in the bucket before you've even had a chance to get it on the trowel, let alone on the tiles.

I did manage to get half of the wall done before I gave in.  The last of the grouting was then scheduled for an evening project - hence the photo with shadows above - sorry no natural light at 8pm.

I thought I would share with you (and to help me to remember when it comes time to the bathroom reno) the supplies and tools used in projects - every little bit of info helps right!

Supplies and tools used:
  • Grout
  • Bucket for grout
  • Bucket with water
  • Trowel
  • Sponges
  • Grout Mixer - attach to your drill
Sources:
The BIG reveal is up very soon, I promise.

Lisa xo


4 comments:

  1. How exciting-can't wait to see it! Well done!!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ness - I can't wait to share the photos. Lisa xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Nat, I'm sitting here looking at it right now. Lisa xo

      Delete

I love to read comments, it puts a smile on my face.

I don't like spam (who does) so I do moderate comments before they go up on the website.

Thank you.
Lisa xo

AddThis

SHARE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...