9 October 2013

the one... with the lounge mood board


Feeling rather inspired by the progress of the bedroom thanks to the mood board, I decided it was time to do one up for the lounge room.

I bought two 55cm RIBBA picture ledges from Ikea some time ago and they were just sitting there patiently... until one Sunday afternoon when I'd had enough and grabbed the drill and got to work.

RIBBA Picture ledge IKEA The picture ledge makes it easy to vary your favourite motifs as often as you like.

I think my delay in putting them up was because I really wasn't sure where to put them.

After installing 115cm RIBBA picture ledge in the bedroom - which I have to say was easy peasy - I went around the house with the two shelves holding them up to walls to see where looked best.

The winner.... was the lounge room.

Next is to put up some prints I purchase from edubara on Etsy a while back but I still needed to pick up the frames.  These are 2 of the prints I'm talking about.

 

This is the frame I want to pick up from Ikea on my next trip - the RIBBA frame white stained oak.
RIBBA Frame IKEA You can enhance and add depth to your picture by using the accompanying mount when you frame it.
I also have a few diy prints I want to create for the room - I've got them ready and waiting on a USB ready to take to Officeworks for printing.

Next will be the new TV entertainment unit - I had originally wanted this for the lounge but I was having no luck finding the right shelves so onto plan B.


I came across this IKEA Hackers via pinterest and really liked the extra storage it would provide and how it floats above the floor, giving the illusion of space - just what I need in my cottage.


Or we have Plan C.  Take the VITTSJO shelving unit and the BYAS TV bench both from Ikea.

VITTSJÖ Shelving unit IKEA Tempered glass and metal are durable materials that provide an open, airy feel.BYÅS TV bench IKEA The open compartment has an adjustable shelf for a DVD player or game console.

And take a can of spray paint to the shelves.

Ana Antunes Home Styling
Ana Antunes Home Styling
I like the idea of making a few scatter cushions for the room, something like these from the DAN300 Group.  I can't go wrong with all these colours in the cottage and it could be a fun patchwork project - I haven't done patchwork since high school.
DAN300 Group
DAN300 Group

I would also like to bring more plants inside like these.

Sneak Peek: Jon & Nina Hans.now." #sneakpeek
source: Design Sponge

Love buying clearance plants and potting them in my aqua vintage planter.  Plants add so much to a room!
source: Southern Hospitality
Google Image Result for https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEijRZ_3lSUlniMls-7IaSzUTbiOFWpqJwk_rZWhXMNIrYpKDDtDHUSXQN7DHZNEY2_kqUDBmAMXvJasnN0AI_ibk__KwNGqicihI68C_xCC0PUKUBMDOO4UUvGqZyAmk-VJnp8Bq7HPjI0T/s400/Blog-Houseplants.jpg
source: J-41 Footwear

First things first... measure the room and fine tune my Ikea shopping list because it just keeps growing - does anyone else have this problem?

Lisa xo

6 comments:

  1. Looking very good indeed! I like your ideas a lot. I really like that floating cupboard too...what a good idea. Makes it easy to vacuum under there too.
    Lesley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley. I loved the cupboard when I saw it - the room is rather small so this should make it feel a bit roomy. Lisa xo

      Delete
  2. I love that! It's funny-I am sure I have those gold painted shelves on my pinterest, and showed L a really similar ikea hack from house*tweaking ( http://www.housetweaking.com/2013/01/15/diy-fauxdenza/ ) but he didn't like it. I'll keep working on him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ness for the link - I've been over and checked it out, I love it! Keeping working on him, hopefully he'll come around (good luck). Lisa xo

      Delete
  3. Love the moodboard Lisa! its going to be a gorgous living room when your done. Plan B Looks good to me, that extra storage will come in very handy.
    Oh my ikea list is always growing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Libby. It's funny how Plan B is usually the better option. Do you use the Ikea shopping list online? Lisa xo

      Delete

I love to read comments, it puts a smile on my face.

I don't like spam (who does) so I do moderate comments before they go up on the website.

Thank you.
Lisa xo

AddThis

SHARE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...