27 June 2012

the one... with the new kitchen plan

It has been on the cards for a while now and I'm happy to say it is getting closer.

A new kitchen!

The sink and cupboard were replaced a while back now as part of the plumbing upgrade and since then I have been working with 2 different kitchen styles.

So I have hit Ikea again and planned the rest of the new kitchen.

I love having lots of bench space and I do enjoy the current size I have but the bench is separate from the stove which means there is usually spillage carrying things across the void.

The new design will be a galley style with the bench running along the wall beside the stove and then a tall pantry (woohoo!) and bench beside the fridge leaving underneath the window all open.

It is unfortunate that the kitchen window on the West wall isn't centred but I'm thinking of putting up some open shelves along the wall to camouflage the irregularity.
The bench top has a black smoke effect with the cupboard fronts in a clean white and the simple stainless shell handle.
PRĂ„GEL benchtop
Lansa handles

Now that the plan is ready to go and I have my Ikea shopping list printed, it's time to get the room ready.... that means stripping the ceiling and walls then calling in the plasterer to put up the new ceiling and walls.  I also need to get an electrician to do a few things.


I'll keep you posted.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments, it puts a smile on my face.

I don't like spam (who does) so I do moderate comments before they go up on the website.

Thank you.
Lisa xo

AddThis

SHARE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...