21 January 2013

the one... with a trip to the vet

Saturday morning saw me taking Charlie for his yearly check at the Vet.


It's funny how I book him in for his checkup but I don't do the same yearly task for myself.

Anyway, the vet said Charlie was in good health and even had a low rest in heart rate which meant he is a healthy dog who is very active.  Really, I didn't realise he was active!

The only thing is that he has a wheat infection in both ears.  Particularly the right one.  That means for the next 2 weeks I have to put drops in his ears, morning and night.  I better make sure I'm stocked up on his favourite treats.

Sunday morning while I was having breakfast on the verandah I was having a look around on pinterest and a particular photo caught my eye about emergency packs for your pet.

In light of the fires we've had recently in Australia and it was almost 2 years ago that Brisbane went under in the floods, I thought it might be a good idea.

The pin took me to a blog called A Bowl Full of Lemons and this post on Emergency Preparedness.  The plan is to put together a kit for myself and for Charlie.  Hopefully we never have to use them but I would rather know that are sitting there.... just in case.

Have you got an emergency kit in your home?

Lisa xo

2 comments:

  1. Charlie is such a cutie! Hope his infection clears up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think he's adorable and what a character! Lisa xo

      Delete

I love to read comments, it puts a smile on my face.

I don't like spam (who does) so I do moderate comments before they go up on the website.

Thank you.
Lisa xo

AddThis

SHARE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...