3 October 2012

the one... with the verandah colour

Now that the veranda is complete I want to get the decking oiled sooner rather than later.

After a recent visit to Natalie's blog at In the Night Sky I noticed her back verandah decking wasn't the usual brown, it had a greyish look to it.

I headed over to the Cabot's website to see what colour options they had.   After I found the product I will need to use, I jumped onto the colour page and was surprised at the variety available.  There was even a section on grey.  I particularly like 'Hunter Grey' below. 


I didn't want the standard brown/natural colour because I don't think it would suit the cottage with all the white and grey colour and I didn't want to hide the grain in the timber.  I did want a bit of colour and I think this might just work.

The Cabots website said to wait 4-6 weeks before applying the stain so I have a couple of weeks to wait.


I think it's OK if I head back to Bunnings and pick up the stain now so it's ready and waiting.

Lisa xo

4 comments:

  1. Great choice! My other half just assumed we'd be staining our deck the usual red/brown colour so it took a bit of 'negotiating' and some photos to show how good grey can look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I have to negotiate with myself, that can be interesting. Lisa xo

      Delete
  2. so very organised, getting the stain weeks beforehand..... how many shades were there,50 perhaps? T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe, I haven't read that one yet? Lisa xo

      Delete

I love to read comments, it puts a smile on my face.

I don't like spam (who does) so I do moderate comments before they go up on the website.

Thank you.
Lisa xo

AddThis

SHARE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...