Now that the builders have finished it's a perfect time to start thinking about the backyard and to get started before the Queensland Summer is in full swing.
Just as I did with the front yard, this photo was taken with my iphone so I apologise for the poor quality but hopefully you can work out my scribble.
To help you understand:
- Remove grass from up the centre of the driveway and replace with pebbles, no more mowing!
- Plant shade trees down the left side of the drive to block the West sun - it's a killer in Summer.
- Extend the grass area for little Charlie.
- Take the garden bed on the far right down the entire side.
- Plant a small garden along the back of deck, just small grass like plants.
- Plant a small garden under the verandah stairs.
- Install solar sensor lights along the verandah.
- Create an intimate patio beside the garage with lots of plants.
- Remove the cement going from the driveway to the patio (basically the slab of concrete beside.
Now to make a list of the supplies I will need and work up the budget.