7 September 2012

the one... with the savings

Something un-house painting related...

I stumbled across a blog post recently that had a recipe for your own fabric softener.  At the time it was on my shopping list so I thought I would give it a try.


I found the recipe here:
Fabulessly Frugal Blog
Here is what you need:
  • White Vinegar x 1.5 cups
  • Hot Water x 3 cups
  • Hair Conditioner x 1 cup
Just double the ingredients if you want to make more.

I had the white vinegar and obviously I had the hot water.  I just had to pick up a cheap bottle of hair conditioner (this is where you pick whatever fragrance you prefer - I chose apple).

It's very simple to make, just measure and mix the ingredients together in a large jug which has a spout to let you pour into your storage jars.  The conditioner will look very strange when added to the water and vinegar but give it a stir to combine.  Then pour into your storage container.  I ended up using the empty store bought bottle.


The above measurements filled a 750ml bottle plus extra.




I'm now on my second batch and have had no problems or build up on the towels (I think how the towels feel is a good indicator when it comes to trying new products).

Lisa xo

1 comment:

I love to read comments, it puts a smile on my face.

I don't like spam (who does) so I do moderate comments before they go up on the website.

Thank you.
Lisa xo

AddThis

SHARE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...