20 November 2013

the one... where I need help

I don't think I've told you this before but I'm not happy with the paint in my bedroom.


The ceiling and walls are suppose to be the same colour but at the time of purchase the sale person suggested I use 2 different brands - made by the same company.  It wasn't until it was all finished that I realised there was a noticable difference and with the shutters slightly different as well I think it really sticks out.


I honestly notice it every morning when I wake up and I hate it!


I did make contact with the company to suggest that maybe the wall colour wasn't tinted because the white does have a blue colour to it but they weren't willing to accept that.

This is becoming a sore point for me that I need to fix, soon.

I have been looking around for different options that didn't mean re-painting the entire room and here is what I've come up with.


I don't think the room could take this on all the walls but maybe just the large window wall.

source

The option would be painted on the large window wall.


This option would keep the ceiling and walls as is and I would paint a band around the wall where they meet (approx. 30cm wide) to break them up.

source

With this option I was thinking something similar in the corner - where I look first thing in the morning and the corner you see when you walk in the room.

I could really use your help on this one.  What to you think of these solutions or have you got another idea?

Thanks
Lisa xo



8 comments:

  1. Getting paint wrong (especially when it isn't your fault is so annoying!! I like the triangle options,but maybe (annoying as it is) painting the walls and fixing it properly might be the best option. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what is annoying me - it wasn't my fault to begin with. Lisa xo

      Delete
  2. I know what it is like, once you notice something you can't get it out of your head! I've done the different coloured band above the picture rail in our bedroom and it wasn't too time consuming - it would definitely help to make the difference between the ceiling and walls less noticeable. I know you want to avoid paitning but you could always paint the ceiling a different colour or the windows. Or just the cornice? So many options! I really like the DIY sharpie wallpaper too, I want to do something in the powder room like that design but hadn't found any real wallpaper like that so thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first thing I see every morning! Hey I forgot the source for the sharpie wallpaper so here ya go: http://www.vintagerevivals.com/2013/01/diy-sharpie-wallpaper-tutorial-this-is.html Lisa xo

      Delete
  3. Actually, Lisa, I'd repaint. The whole room again. I like your idea, but if you hate the difference in the ceiling and walls so much, then no amount of "tweaking" will make you happy, at least it wouldn't make ME happy if it were my room.
    I hate it when "paint people" give you their advice when they don't know your exact circumstances/wall type etc. A friend of mine had a similar experience and in the end it cost him almost twice as much to fix up the problem the person at the paint store created.

    Anyway, I'd check which paint I had the most of and repaint...but, hey. That's just me
    Lesley
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I'm hearing you on repainting. That has been in the back of my mind put it's starting to look like the better option. Cheers Lisa xo

      Delete
  4. You could try painting a stripe of different colour where the 2 colours meet. I also like the idea of the painted pattern. You can do so much with contrasting paint and some good tape, Im sure youll come up with something great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle. I think I'm heading towards a stripe as option 1 and if that looks weird then I'll have to repaint - it honestly wouldn't be a big deal except I'm dealing with 3mt ceilings and at only 149cm tall and scared of heights - it's funny to watch. Lisa xo

      Delete

I love to read comments, it puts a smile on my face.

I don't like spam (who does) so I do moderate comments before they go up on the website.

Thank you.
Lisa xo

AddThis

SHARE
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...